- 1kg/2lb New or Baby Potatoes
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 4-6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoonful chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoonful chopped chives/scallions
- 1 tablespoonful chopped chervil
- freshly ground black pepper
- *lemon juice (optional)
Parboil the potatoes in salted water for about 7 minutes. They should be slightly undercooked. In a frying pan or large saucepan add 2 tbsp olive oil and fry the garlic and shallots until soft.
Take out all the cooked shallot and garlic and keep handy. Now add another 2 tbsp olive oil and turn up the heat. Tip in the potatoes and fry them in the oil. Roll them around the pan or move gently with a spoon so as they don’t break up until they are nice and golden on the outside.
Add all the herbs, shallots, seasoning and lemon juice heat through on the hob to allow the flavours to be absorbed. Serve as soon as possible or you could keep hot in the oven or a quick ding in the microwave if they’ve started to cool.