- 4 medium beetroot
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tbsp walnut oil (or whatever you have handy)
- salt and pepper
- 10 oz penne or other pasta
- 1 packet rocket leaves
- 1 packet feta cubed or crumbled
- 2 tbsp pinenuts toasted
- some Parmesan
1. Wash and top and tail the beetroot- no need to peel, and cut in half. Put in a small roasting tin with the crushed garlic, salt and pepper, walnut oil and 2 tbsp water. Roast in the oven at 200C for 50 minutes until cooked through.
2. Then cook the pasta in salted water.
3. Drain the pasta and immediately toss in the beetroot cut in wedges or cubes, all the roasting juices and the rocket.
4. Drizzle over a little more oil and spoon the mixture into the serving dishes, Scatter over the crumbled feta, pinenuts and parmesan.